I don’t watch a great deal of TV apart from the news and the occasional documentary, but last night I saw a TV ad that reminded me of why we in the west are still a long way from understanding happiness. An ad for the Virgin Fibre Broadband service was highlighting how frustrating it can be when online media stutters and pauses while buffering. Now, call me Mary Whitehouse, but as I watched David Tennant grab a baseball bat and smash the [...]
Read the other parts of this series – Part 2 – Part 3 – Part 4 Ichinen Sanzen – Part 1 The mutual possession of the Ten Worlds is one of the foundations in understanding the broader concept of Ichinen Sanzen. So what is Ichinen Sanzen? What does mutual possession mean, and what are the Ten Worlds that Nichiren Buddhists so often speak about? Ichinen Sanzen was a system of thought put forth by the Great Teacher T’ien-t’ai in 6th century [...]
Taken from Buddhism Day by Day – that was given to me as a gift from my district on the day I received the Gohonzon. NGER is fundamentally an arrogant state of mind. People in the state of anger are attached to the illusory assumption that they are better then others and direct their energy toward sustaining and embracing this image. To ensure that others think of them in similarly glowing terms, they can never reveal their true feelings. Instead, [...]
The Anxious Buddhist FREE ebook
A FREE e-book that takes a look at Anxiety Disorder from a Buddhist perspective.
Download your copy now!The Anxious Buddhist
- The horse and the pond
- The knot of hope
- Why does compassion have to be boundless?
- Fixing the Dharmic plumbing
- The dogma of atheism
- Mindlessness can lead to baby eating
- The life of Nichiren Daishonin
- Faith is a well baked loaf
- Liberation from cannabis
- Was Nichiren Daishonin saved by the Dalai Lama?
- Persecution and extremism
- Would you do this on faith alone?
- Say it ain’t so – Silence continues on plight of Burmese Muslims
- Meditation in Nichiren Buddhism
- The difficulty of middle way thought
- When anger is hardly noticed – Virgin Broadband adverts
- Springstein’s microphone cable cut by the Blade Wheel
- Opening the Eyes of Wooden and Painted Images
- Fast Daimoku and Long Daimoku – A Middle Way?
- Turning poison into medicine
- Inclusive and exclusive readings of the Lotus Sutra
- What is the Mystic Law of the Lotus Sutra?
- How does Human Revolution contribute to world peace
- The Matrix from a Buddhist perspective